*Note, while I will try to avoid major spoilers, I sometimes won't be able to help it.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

This or That with Author Ava Cummings

  • TV or Movies?
Movies! But a House of Cards binge watch…does that count as TV or movies?

  • Hot or Cold?
Hot definitely. My mom calls me her “hot house flower” – I’m always cold and live for warm sunny days. Remind me…why do I live in the northeast?

  • Black or White?
White. I love white, I love how clean it is. I live in white jeans. I have maybe a hundred white tees and tops. I have a white coat. Of course, when I worked in New York, I was all black all the time. But now I’ve switched.

  • Night owl or early bird?
Early bird. I wake up early, sometimes 5 am. It’s my best, most productive writing time…when the sun is just peeking up and it’s quiet and peaceful. I can bang out a full chapter sometimes.

  • Print or E-book?
E book. I’m a total iPad devotee. That’s all I read now. I love it.

  • Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate. Hands down, no question. The darker the better.

  • Coke or Pepsi?
Wine.

  • Horror or Romance?
Romance! I’m a die-hard fairy tale, happy ending romance lover. Always have been, always will be. God, I still remember the day I saw The Shining. I couldn’t sleep for months, literally. I’m too much of a scaredy cat!

  • Pizza or Pasta?
Pasta.,,,and pizza. God, I love Italian, love carbs. Spaghetti and meatballs is one of my top meals. And a good slice of pizza? Yum. But I’m mostly Paleo and don’t eat carbs that often anymore.

  • Harry Potter or Twilight?
Twilight. Loved loved loved that series.

  • Gum or Breath Mints?
Gum.

  • Spontaneity or Planning Ahead?
I’m a planner, by nature. That’s just me, where I’m comfortable. And once you have kids, if you don’t plan, forget it, nothing will get done.

  • PC or Mac?
Mac. I’m an apple girl. Have been since the beginning. In fact, I had one of the first generation laptops back in the early nineties. It weighed a ton, but I carted that thing around with me wherever I went. It was awesome!

  • Beach or Pool?
Beach! I love the beach. That is my happy place. I want to live on the beach one day. The sound of the ocean, the beauty of the sea, the brightness of the sun, burying your feet in the sand, walking along the shore…I could go on. Suffice to say, I freaking love the beach!

  • Shoes or Sandals?
Sandals all the way. From the moment it warms up in the spring to the last day when it cools down in the fall, I am in sandals…gladiators, wedges, flip flops, Birkenstocks, strappies, you name it, I have a dozen of each. Love.

  • Cats or Dogs?
Both -- I love animals. We have a cat now because it’s a bit more low maintenance than a dog as a family pet. But once the kids get older, we are getting a dog, too.

  • Facebook or Twitter?
Oohh, that’s tough. I like each for different reasons. I love FB for staying connected to my friends from throughout my life, from all over the world. And I love Twitter for connecting with writers and authors and fans from all over the world. It’s an amazing community, too.


Quotes/Testimonials:
It's like Fifty Shades of Grey meets Devil wears Prada meets Girls! —Carrie Adel

I couldn’t put it down! Sweet Muse has it all—celebrities, scandal, and steamy romance. Ava Cummings’ writing invites the reader into Anna’s world, sharing her journey as she discovers the dark side of her dream job at a celebrity magazine and finds a love so powerful it will change everything. Totally captivating! —Sarah Bagwell

Book summary:

Determined to overcome her difficult past, Anna Starr lands a coveted job at the nation's biggest celebrity magazine in the center of the New York City power scene. She learns early on to make it on her own, and through sheer force of will she does. But frustration sets in when the dark side of tabloid journalism starts to poke through, and she gets duped while dating slicker-than-thou city boys.

Amidst a sea of cocktail parties, Anna meets rising art star Damien Wolfe. Their connection is dangerous, intense, and passionate beyond her imagination. He sees her in a way that she has never seen herself, setting her on a journey toward self-discovery—understanding what it means to be truly loved for the first time in her life. But she may lose it all when her blind ambition and his dark past lead to a crisis that changes everything.



Bio:

Ava Cummings spent more than 10 years as an editor at some of the biggest and best-known magazines in the world. She fetched coffee, fell in love with fashion, and eventually became a full-fledged editor, covering Hollywood and bringing in stories about bold women that were making a difference in the world. She has spun together the sweep-you-off-your-feet happy endings of fairy tales, the unbelievable headlines she reads in the news, and the quirky personalities that she’s encountered in both the real world and on reality TV in her first novel, Sweet Muse. Ava lives in the leafy suburbs of Boston with her husband and two children.


Author and Book Links

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SMRL5PM

2 comments:

  1. this was a fun one to do -- thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting and participating. You rock! xx


    A

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...